The FRP pipe is a kind of light, high strength and corrosion-resistant nonmetal pipe. It is made of resin as the matrix, glass fiber as the reinforcement material through the special process. This kind of pipeline has the advantages of corrosion resistance, leakage resistance and heat insulation, light and high strength, long life, strong design of cooling tower, small fluid resistance, easy installation and low comprehensive cost. It can be widely used in petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical, electric power, paper making, urban water supply and drainage, industrial sewage treatment, seawater desalination, gas transportation, mining and other industries. In recent years, the production of FRP pipes in China has been developing rapidly with a growing number year by year.
Fiber winding GFRP pipeline is characterized by reliability, safety and economy. It is mainly used for buried pipes and long-distance pipelines. It is featured by light, high strength, corrosion resistance, long service life, low cost of operation and maintenance.
Advantages of FRP pipe:
1. Light weight and high strength: the proportion of FRP sand pipe is 1.65~ 2.0. For the weight per unit length of the same pipe diameter, only 1/3 of carbon steel, 1/5 of FRP pipe and 1/10 of prestressed concrete pipe, the lifting cost is reduced and the installation speed is increased during construction.
2. Good hydraulic characteristics: this feature is particularly outstanding in the field of water supply and drainage, and its hydraulic characteristics are good.
(1) the GFRP pipe can save the pumping cost of the pipe network. (2) reduce pipe diameter size
(3) shorten the pumping time.
(4) long-term water transfer in FRP pipe is free from scaling and decontamination, so that the water quality is free from secondary pollution.